Our very own Louise Woollard was recently interviewed by The Business Desk all about Yorkshire – including her favourite place to visit and the most memorable meal she’s had. If you missed the original write-up, catch up below…
1. Where do you live/where are you from?
I’m originally from Heckmondwike and now live in Mirfield.
2. What is your favourite place to visit in Yorkshire and why?
My favourite place to visit is the John Smith’s stadium to watch Huddersfield Town. I’m a season ticket holder and proud to be a commercial partner with the club I have supported for around 40 years.
3. What is still on your “to do” list in the region?
I’ve never been to the Great Yorkshire Show and would love to go. I’ve heard it’s a fantastic showcase for the county.
4. What is the most memorable meal you’ve ever had in Yorkshire?
The tasting menu at The Man Behind the Curtain in Leeds is a fantastic experience – the ’Black Cod Emancipation’ dish is wonderful to both look at and eat.
5. What is your most Yorkshire trait?
I’m obsessed with Yorkshire Tea – no other brand will do.
6. Favourite piece of trivia about the region
216 million visits are made to Yorkshire every year – that’s the same amount made to Walt Disney theme parks annually!
7. What is your favourite cultural icon to come out of Yorkshire?
It would have to be David Hockney – a Bradford-born artist whose pop art work is globally recognised.
8. Worst experience or thing about Yorkshire?
The M62. My record journey time from Manchester to Leeds is eight hours.
9. What is one thing you’d steal from Lancashire (or other UK regions) if you could?
Kevin De Bruyne from Manchester City, to strengthen Town’s midfield.
10. What is the most overrated thing about Yorkshire?
Nothing, this is God’s Own County!