At Louise Woollard Financial (LWF), fostering great client relationships is at the heart of what we do, and we love hearing about the positive impact our services have on people’s lives.
Next in our client spotlight blog series is Bill Dennis, talking about how he finds working with us. Here’s what he had to say…
1. How long have you been working with Louise Woollard Financial?
For two to three years.
2. What made you turn to LWF – what help did you need?
We had inherited some money from a relative and wanted advice on how best to invest it and secure some for our two sons.
I was approaching retirement and needed guidance on how best to manage my pension and savings for the future.
3. Was the location of our business important?
We certainly wanted a relatively local adviser, and Brighouse is within easy travelling distance.
4. We like to think we’re a bit different to the majority of financial advisers in the market. How would you describe our relationship and did this matter to you when entrusting us?
Very soon after coming to the offices we liked and felt we could trust Louise. She worked out very quickly what our needs and concerns were and advised us in a friendly but very professional way.
5. Did you work with a financial adviser previously?
No – but we have met two different advisers for initial discussions and did not pursue the relationship.
6. Which three words would you choose to sum up our business?
Friendly, personal and professional.
7. What’s been the single most valuable thing we’ve done for you?
Provide advice on how to put some money in trusts for our two sons, so they will be able to use it when they need it for big spending - but without them spending it in a way we do not wish!
8. Do you think people prioritise financial planning as much as they should?
No, I certainly don’t think we did. It was only as we approached retirement and inherited some money that it became an issue for us.
9. If you could give one piece of advice to other people thinking about taking better control of their finances, what would it be?
I would advise them to see a good adviser to help them – I have referred two or three people to Louise Woollard Financial.
10. And finally, it’s no secret that Louise is a HUGE Huddersfield Town fan. What do you think of their chances this year?
Argh, I could take a long time on this one! Our prospects are immeasurably better than they were two months ago. I think we will end up mid-table, and I have great faith that we will make a real push for promotion next season. However, we do need two or three new players – and to shed four or five!
The value of an investment with St. James's Place will be directly linked to the performance of the funds you select and the value can therefore go down as well as up. You may get back less than you invested.
Trusts are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.